Your matters are handled by the principals, not inexperienced junior staff.
Financial matters can be a regulatory nightmare. Superannuation rules are complex, trust reporting is onerous and 'getting it wrong' is difficult to remedy. Back9's principals have been working in merchant banking, actuarial, accounting and financial management for decades. Their practical experience is your guarantee of safe, secure and compliant financial protection. The core of our offering is experience. Our reputations are exemplary. Our commitment to you is excellence in all we undertake. Your matters are handled by the principals, not inexperienced junior staff. Speak to a trusted investment manager today.
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of New South Wales)
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA)
- Chartered Tax Adviser, Taxation Institute of Australia
- Registered Tax Agent – ATO
- Accredited Financial Planning Specialist – Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Certified Financial Planner (Deakin University) / Member of Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA)
- Registered Self-Managed Super Fund Auditor – Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)
- Registered Tax Financial Advisor – Tax Practitioners Board
With 30 years of experience in chartered accounting, tax and business advisory services, and 12 years in merchant banking and funds management, David’s main focus is providing high net worth individuals with comprehensive financial strategies tailored to their individual circumstances.
As the founding director of Back9 Capital Management, David has extensive experience in solving the tax issues of US citizens residing in Australia, and advises clients on all aspects of wealth management, tax planning, superannuation, estate planning, transitions to retirement, and asset protection.
David has worked with US citizens and their affairs since 2009 and regularly visits with his associates in the US. His international client list (both Australian and US citizens) includes residents of Los Angeles, New York, Brunswick (Georgia), Dallas and Houston in the US; Vancouver and Calgary in Canada; and Edinburgh in Scotland.
David welcomes new clients from both Australia and the US, and takes pride in being both approachable and highly knowledgeable in navigating complex financial waters.
Speaking Engagements & Presentations:
Speaker – D'Alessio Law Group Los Angeles – "Taking Your Entertainment Career to the USA” – Sydney July 9, 2016, Melbourne July 16, 2016
Co-Sponsor & Speaker – Advance Propel Program 2018 – Los Angeles & San Francisco 30 April–11 May 2018 – "Australian & US Taxation – What You Need to Know"
Speaker – The Second Annual Cross Border Tax & Estate Planning for Private Clients and SMEs Symposium, Melbourne March 2019 – “Tax Issues of US Citizen Beneficiaries Residing in Australia”
- Bachelor of Arts (Macquarie University, New South Wales)
- Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (London)
- Fellow of the Insitute of Actuaries (Australia)
- Graduate – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Swiss Re Life & Health Australia Limited
- Advisory Board Swiss Reinsurance Company Limited (Member)
- IAG/NRMA Superannuation Plan Limited
- OnePath Ltd (part of the ANZ Banking Group)
- Investment & Financial Services Association Limited (IFSA) 2004 – 2008
- Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia – QLD Division
- Taxation Institute of Australia – QLD Division
- Major operation subsidiaries of Promina Ltd (acquired by Suncorp Metway Ltd in 2007) - Asteron Life Ltd, Australia & New Zealand - Asteron Portfolio Services Limited - New Zealand Guradian Trust Limited
- Member of the Institute of Public Accountants
- Certified Management Accountant
- Certificate in Business Administration – Bermuda College (GPA 3.956)
- Xero Adviser